Saturday, December 22, 2012

Transience

Sometimes, my unfeeling heart feels a sting from the little fragments of memories of those whom I have valued and cherished greatly but eventually chose to leave; those who directly and indirectly showed or told me that I did not matter to them. Not one bit.

Despite how hurtful all that was, how it still pains me from time to time...It made me learn that I do not need to be a significant someone to anyone, or treated as such as long as in my heart, I know that I had made a little positive difference in their life by just being there for them. I no longer mind being a transient being to the people around me. In fact, I think it's a befitting way for me to live my life - because I do not want to be bound by expectations and obligations that come with being significant. I will just do what I can, whenever I can, if I feel like it.

Being insignificant to another does not hinder my day to day life; my enjoyment and appreciation of it all; and my personal happiness, so I have come to accept it. In fact, I think it only makes me want to treat others with respect and kindness more than ever, so that they don't have to feel the way that I feel, or felt. So that they can believe in the importance of themselves.

In a sea of a thousand friends, I know there are one or two who really just like me as I am, and treat me like I mean the world to them; who see the positives that I would never believe to be in myself; who trust and believe in me. To them, to her - Whoever you guys are, and specifically to Anne.. Thank you.

No comments: