Friday, January 04, 2013

2013

As per the last 2 years, this remains.
Good reminder to self.

"This year's resolutions' going to be short.
Live in the present.
Follow your heart.
Be human.
Definition: Undefined. Unlimited."

This year, I would also like to take more action -
For what matters, to me. For what I feel for deeply. For what I want.
It can be a small step, but I must start.
Plans have been in my head for over a year.
And they will remain as that, unless I start doing something about them.

I also want to start doing all sorts of sports - Everything I've ever wanted to; all that seemed interesting to me, but never had the guts or confidence to... because of my size. It will be a hindrance no longer, for I have kept my promise to my pretty kitty's hairy chest, and have gotten rid of some bulk with legit hard work. No more falling for fads and trying retarded miracle diets - They are lame. The answer is always the same at the end of the day: Exercise & healthy lifestyle choices. I have always known but it took me years to really accept and properly implement them. I will continually better my physique, and fitness level because...I WANT SEXY LEGS AND ABDOMINALS PLZ!!! (Whoops, that had to be said.) I know I am far from where I want to be as of now. And even though I foresee bumps on this road to a healthier and leaner self, I must not go back to what I was. One day, I want to feel a sense of pride and achievement when I look at myself in the mirror, I really do.


Looking back, I think I've made quite an improvement last year, despite a rocky start...

I learnt to be more courageous, especially in approaching intimidating people and in initiating conversations. I attribute it to turning on a 'don't worry, just do it' attitude, and by gaining some confidence from interacting/working with people in the industry. Of course, I'm not always fully confident and get nervous quite a bit, but it's a good start.. and I can build upon that.

I am happy that I 'promoted' myself as an artist without actually 'selling' myself and all that I believe in. I do my best to treat my bosses and colleagues with respect, and I feel like they reciprocated in kind, even though they didn't have to - So I'm grateful. (For all the opportunities they threw my way too!)
I am thankful for the stint at BBDO which made me realise I don't want to change what I say; do or like just for money, or to fit in to some big shot corporate mumbo jumbo. It may look good in my CV, but if it's only going to make me question myself excessively and bring about negative feelings, I would rather not. I learnt that that world is not for me - Not now, possibly never.

I'm actively more upfront about my feelings and thoughts. It feels great.

I managed to tame my demon quite a bit. Ups and downs - But definitely more ups than downs.

There were a couple of challenges that I had to face, but what's life without a little sorrow, pain and obstacles, right?

All in all, It was a pretty good year and I am thankful that I lived to experience it.

Happy New Year. :)

No comments: