Well, it's been 2 hectic weeks.
A conversation with Marcusssss (a.k.a mahhhh idol~) during Still-Life
drawing workshop set me thinking.
"Do you choose to be a good student, or a good artist?"
For him, it's the latter.
But for me, i doubt i'd be good enough to follow.
I chose to be a good student... but why?
I guess i should just say, i don't have the foundation or talent that he has.
At least, not yet. Not that soon.
I don't know how he does it - through alot of hardwork or whatnot,
but i know that every individual artist has a different
way of getting to where they are now/are going to be in future.
Without those grounds to hold me up,
how can i be a good artist?
and that is why.. i feel that being a good student would definitely help.
Because then again, how can you be a good artist when you don't
even know the basic of the basics?
When all you've done up til now is just random doodles
and works that you've felt like doing at random times?
Everyone has to start from somewhere.
and i choose to start from scratch.
Thanks for reminding me of that.
I will work even harder to reach your level, and everyone elses'.
It will just take some time, perseverance and alot of painstaking effort.
(;
No comments:
Post a Comment