I know I've been very harsh on him and his situation as of late.
At the same time, I also know that i don't understand and will never be able to fully comprehend this - because it's so new to me and I've never personally experience the complexities of it.
In some ways that even I myself find hard to admit, it was a way to soothe my broken ego. A convenient reason to add to the list to convince myself and justify my moving on. Being harsh about his attitude towards his circumstances made up for me feeling helpless about being unable to help. That's obviously not good at all, now that i've come to realise it. He doesn't deserve it. Though I was genuinely worried and it all came from a place of concern, it is no excuse. What a warped way of showing it eh.
Sometimes I feel like my brain is deteriorating and my ability to understand people and empathise with them is slowly diminishing. Feeling so immature these days. Le sigh. What happened addy, you need to grow up and stop this shit!
Finally a useful self reflection after a long while....
No comments:
Post a Comment