Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Half a year ago...

I posed myself this question:
Since I cannot be spared from the natural occurrences that are linked to any sort of relationship with others, the only thing i can do to help myself is to shorten my recovery time. However, I do not want it to be achieved by practising indifference, insincerity, or forgetting about ones' existence. Nor am I going to promise that I'll be a big-hearted person and forgive everyone and everything. So what do I do? How can I use my past experiences to make me a better person with a faster recovery time?

Been thinking about it.

The advice I have for myself for now is to actively build up positivity by surrounding myself with positivity. Only when I am in the right frame of mind will I be able to reflect on those past experiences again and look at the 'good' things I have gotten out of them. Some of them may have been overlooked and/or overshadowed by my negativity of the whole situation and anger/hurt (I believe I have the right to be angry and disappointed about them - And I should let myself feel that way for some time. Let the heart feel what it has to, cry all it wants to. It is all part of the recovery.

The most important thing is to be able to get over it eventually as time passes - to let go. Or if possible, to seek closure from the related parties.

Only after I am able to detach those feelings that I have from the experiences, will I be able to look at everything more clearly, with a more open heart, and mind. 
Only then will I be freed from a cycle of devastation.

I think this answer to myself works... for now.

No comments: