A note dated 10/3/2012. 6:44AM. (LOL) I think I was fed up about feeling shitty after reading too much current news...or something...
In the world today,
With all the politics, power struggles and wars going on...What can we possibly do?
I used to not care about those, and am ill-informed.
But after I learnt more, did it make my life better?
Did it give me power and determination to do something to change the way the government runs?
No.
I learnt nothing beneficial, except the not-so-surprising fact that there are horrible people (Cleverly disguised to mislead and brainwash) on earth, whom are thriving on others' misery. ( More than I thought existed.) I am not belittling myself by saying that I am powerless to do anything, or that i'm useless and can't help. But the thing I know for sure is that that is not where my interests lie. As much as I care about the quality of lives of people and myself, and as much injustice as I feel, I am not going to be a politician, nor am I going to teach another person how to rule others by telling them what's right or wrong.People with that intellect, feel the same way the masses feel, and would like to change the way we are ruled, should really step up to the plate, and take action.Because no matter how much we bitch or whine to each other or online, it does not affect anything. It will not change anything. And we all know that.The voices of the 'one united people' are ignored. Unless something is done by people whom are interested in this field (and do not succumb to the evils of money and power eventually),
we will only go downhill from here.
As far as I can tell, the situation here is not as bad as it is in other countries.
Sure, worst in some ways (mostly economically-related), but not terribly fucked up. (Rapes, murders, slavery, fighting) Of course, those could be happening without me knowing, but not in massive amounts, like say Congo. Things are mostly calm here - A slow build up. (Like a dormant volcano... that would likely erupt sooner or later.) I thank our lack of valuable natural resources, and perfect geographical location for making us less susceptible to wars and disasters. Well, and supposedly good diplomatic relations.
I could go on and on about how much I downright hate the way things are run, like scholarships not based on meritocracy, ungrateful FTs, income taxes from the people that don't go to benefit the people, but the 'country' and lousy healthcare and medical benefits ('Colorectal cancer awareness month: Spot the symptoms early - you can be cured. Free kits for 50 year olds and up' Seriously? How much is a bloody kit? I know people who have stomach and colorectal cancer below that age.)
As you can see, I am angry too. I try not to get too picky, but I can't help getting ticked off when equality is compromised.
At the end of the day, how we feel and react depend on the standards that we have for ourselves and others - the expectations.
I wish one day things would change for 'all of us', but I'm not pinning my hopes on that.
And despite all that political and economical bullshit going on around us,
I have decided that it should not affect my life and most part of my plans.
I've come to realised what had been important to me from the start,
and that it is something spiritual. No, not religious.
It is about purpose; meaning; connection; empathy; compassion...happiness.
Not all this hooha about riches.
Sure, without money I wouldn't be able to survive, but I don't need to be rich.
Without money, there are plenty of things I won't be able to do, but I would still be able to do many things. I won't deny that I spend money on things I like, on hobbies, on unnecessary items... (When you have money that you've earn, or saved, why not spend some of it on things that can make you happy right? Even if it is sometimes temporary.) If I had to give them up one day, I wouldn't feel a great sense of loss. (Besides, I have a short attention span - The only thing I keep going back to are books, because it is rare to find good ones that can instill me with knowledge that I want to engrave into my brain.)
I think it's about living minimalistically - making do with what you already have, and the intangible. Something I definitely have to learn, but find it hard to grasp because I already have material items. That's why poverty makes one grow up faster mentally; makes one tougher, I've always believed.
Okay. ANYWAY. What I am trying to say is that,I care more about the feelings, pain, and demons that humans and animals go through than how the way the world is run by whichever asshole. ( Notice how i'm using 'humans' here? Stripping the labels and stereotypes. Basic level of living being, nothing more. )
No comments:
Post a Comment