Well i guess that's true, if I had to compare their value. Most of the masters did leave some sort of positive impression on me, but popart... just left me D: I like the diversity and invention of new styles and mediums, and i admit i'm influenced in some ways so i can't say i totally wanna diss it.
More like these pop artists (y'know those big named ones, not all. but some.) What i got was...They're like. okay, expressive. But it seems like their main goal is after all, to make the money, get famous/recognition from the masses. And some, even for ridiculous looking pieces (okay, subjective but... yeah. I didn't like half the things that were shown. :I) I also wanted to slap Andy Warhol. Damn cans. They don't mean SHIT. :I STOP EFFING PAINTING THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WTF. A FEW MILLION/BILLION. WTF-F.
Sides, commercial mass production is like wanting the whole world to know you so badly. SCREAMING OUT "EH HELLO LOOK AT ME YO LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!" Attention-seeking, AND greedy. wtf. :C Okay to certain extent i suppose, but too much is just disconcerting. I may be exaggerating on this one. However, to reach celebrity-like status due to that, is annoying.
What I liked about the masters was that most of them did what they did because of passion, curiosity, obsession, and self-expression. Most of their paintings and whatnot did not sell or was not appreciated till after their deaths. It was truly for the love of art. Most did not paint/draw to.. please others. Influenced by culture/upbringing, but not the masses.
As for involvement... Isn't looking at a piece of artwork for free/lowly priced at a museum.. more.. involving? You can stand there the whole day trying to figure out what the artist is trying to say through the work. Whereas if you printed it on cups, shirts whatever. Kind of cheapens it. Who would really appreciate those prints? Because it's seen everywhere, on every damn thing. Most people either don't give a damn or they join the crowd just because they think it'd make them fit in, look cool, or shit like that. Takes away the the expression part of the piece, or whatever the artist wanted to convey in the first place - IF there was any meaning to it.
Though it's debateable because personally, I do like some of the works because i feel a meaningful connection to them or they're visual treats to me. And i'm sure there are people who fall under this category as well. So I'm generalizing. Most of the times though, i don't give a shit, maybe just a passing glance. I can't be bothered to find out about these 'popular pieces'. They may have 'changed the world', made "art" more accessible. But really, half the time they don't mean anything/much.(or even look good) And that, i feel is the most important part of 'art' :I
And yeah, i agree. Designer VS Artist. In conclusion, They should change the movement to "POP DESIGN" cuz that's just what it is. :I This is not art. This is design. We please others in design, they are for the sole purpose of bringing in the dough for us. Mass production, HELL YEAH! I don't like that people claim these as works of ART, when clearly, they arent. (Whoops, being very technical here.)
OH MONEY, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US! OH HIGHER STANDARD OF LIVING! OH GREED, FAME, "SUCCESS"! PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Tee hee, just my 2 cents. And i may not have gotten all the facts straight yet, so. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT LECTURE! :D
2 comments:
but i admire popart!
i find that the existance of it actually increases the value of people like vanggogh and the masters.
also it basically means merchandising..and involving the perciever in your work.
basicaly the difference between designer and artist.
Well i guess that's true, if I had to compare their value. Most of the masters did leave some sort of positive impression on me, but popart... just left me D:
I like the diversity and invention of new styles and mediums, and i admit i'm influenced in some ways so i can't say i totally wanna diss it.
More like these pop artists (y'know those big named ones, not all. but some.)
What i got was...They're like. okay, expressive. But it seems like their main goal is after all, to make the money, get famous/recognition from the masses.
And some, even for ridiculous looking pieces (okay, subjective but... yeah. I didn't like half the things that were shown. :I)
I also wanted to slap Andy Warhol. Damn cans. They don't mean SHIT. :I
STOP EFFING PAINTING THEM OVER AND OVER AGAIN. WTF.
A FEW MILLION/BILLION. WTF-F.
Sides, commercial mass production is like wanting the whole world to know you so badly.
SCREAMING OUT "EH HELLO LOOK AT ME YO LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!" Attention-seeking, AND greedy. wtf. :C
Okay to certain extent i suppose, but too much is just disconcerting. I may be exaggerating on this one.
However, to reach celebrity-like status due to that, is annoying.
What I liked about the masters was that most of them did what they did because of passion, curiosity, obsession, and self-expression.
Most of their paintings and whatnot did not sell or was not appreciated till after their deaths.
It was truly for the love of art. Most did not paint/draw to.. please others.
Influenced by culture/upbringing, but not the masses.
As for involvement...
Isn't looking at a piece of artwork for free/lowly priced at a museum.. more.. involving?
You can stand there the whole day trying to figure out what the artist is trying to say through the work.
Whereas if you printed it on cups, shirts whatever. Kind of cheapens it.
Who would really appreciate those prints? Because it's seen everywhere, on every damn thing.
Most people either don't give a damn or they join the crowd just because they think it'd make them fit in, look cool, or shit like that.
Takes away the the expression part of the piece, or whatever the artist wanted to convey in the first place - IF there was any meaning to it.
Though it's debateable because personally, I do like some of the works because i feel a meaningful connection to them or they're visual treats to me.
And i'm sure there are people who fall under this category as well. So I'm generalizing.
Most of the times though, i don't give a shit, maybe just a passing glance.
I can't be bothered to find out about these 'popular pieces'.
They may have 'changed the world', made "art" more accessible.
But really, half the time they don't mean anything/much.(or even look good) And that, i feel is the most important part of 'art' :I
And yeah, i agree.
Designer VS Artist.
In conclusion,
They should change the movement to "POP DESIGN" cuz that's just what it is. :I
This is not art. This is design.
We please others in design, they are for the sole purpose of bringing in the dough for us. Mass production, HELL YEAH!
I don't like that people claim these as works of ART, when clearly, they arent.
(Whoops, being very technical here.)
OH MONEY, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US!
OH HIGHER STANDARD OF LIVING!
OH GREED, FAME, "SUCCESS"!
PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Tee hee, just my 2 cents.
And i may not have gotten all the facts straight yet, so.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT LECTURE! :D
Post a Comment