Saturday, July 24, 2010

When good is not good enough.

I really want to pull this off well.
Complete a good piece for once in my life.
...but the process is really time consuming.
Research, reference, regurgitate concepts over and over again.
Then brainstorm on several compositions, design elements and symbolism, decide on a style of drawing and shading, more research and finally, a sketch.
Then the main production begins.
With such a work process, it's no wonder I'm so bloody slow. :C
Plus it doesn't guarantee a satisfactory outcome.

I like to be fully prepared before diving in, be it in work, life or love.
(Though fruckshiz! - some things are so uncontrollable and unexpected sometimes...)
However, I was told to proceed without thinking.

TELL ME HOW!!!!!!!!!
How can i throw away a habitual and supposedly "fool-proof" workflow and just jump right in without affecting quality?

......Hokay, the thought was bugging me.
TEE HEE, back to the grind.

No comments: